Friday, August 12, 2005

I'm a blogger. It's official. My random thoughts, interesting experiences, and silly stories will now, forever, have a place to be recorded and stored for posterity's sake, not to mention for the sake of friend's and family to read for the purpose of being inspired, bored, provoked, humored, motivated, humiliated, challenged, informed, entertained, or just connected in some small way to my world.

My good friend Mary Jo gave me a sweet gift while I was pregnant. It was a Mom's Journal which offered stories from the author of motherhood moments as well as pages for me to journal to my expectant daughter. I suppose now, journals are viewed as a primitive method of blogging. Anyhow, I cherished that journal and have written many a letter in there addressed to Madison. I hope when she is grown she can enjoy, appreciate, and cherish the effort I made to capture those "motherhood moments" in writing for her. I pick it up every now and again to read those letters from years ago to remember and re-live those moments. The journal pages have not been filled. There are still several empty pages remaining. My last letter was written just before Paul and I separated and I didn't want any of my letters to my daughter to revolve around that part of our lives, so I stopped writing. I figured I'd pick it up again and start to write "once the dust cleared." When she's grown and able to read the letters, she'd recognize the gap in time and understand the purpose for it without having to read the details of what we were experiencing. Now that I'm a blogger she'll not only have those intimate letters written to her, for her, but she'll have a greater gift. . . the ramblings of all my experiences, many of which will involve her directly, and many of which will not. Not to mention, she'll have the comments of those who've read (and hopefully enjoyed) my entries. What an awesome gift we have to give our children. I wish my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents would have captured the same in their time. I hope that Madison will appreciate and cherish these writings when she is grown.

One last thought on this idea of great gifts for posterity . . . www.mypublisher.com
Check it out. I think it's a really innovative idea, but don't take my word for it. . . decide for yourself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

Looking forward to reading your "ramblings". Glad you jumped on the blog bandwagon!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah!
Ditto what Tisra said!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! So glad you jumped in!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Traci said...

Good job! Careful, this blogging is addictive!
Traci

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home