Monday, October 30, 2006




Here she is. . . my little Geisha Girl. I knew she'd look awesome in her costume with hair and makeup complete, but I think I was surprised that she looked soooo good. We sprayed her hair black, made her face white, and even gave her the little red lips of a Geisha. I couldn't stop looking at her all night. I was also very impressed with myself. I made her costume, and for once, I was truly proud of the finished product. Not that I haven't been proud of my works before, but this time I felt like I did a better than usual job. There were no mistakes along the way that I had to improvise upon.

Under the costume are long johns. That was so we would be prepared to jump in the bounce house at our Fall Fest. We saved the bounce house for last, stripped off the robe, earrings, and shoes, and she was ready to jump. The amazing thing is that not a hair on her head moved while in the bounce house. The funny thing was going to dinner after the Fall Fest. We went to Longhorns and I didn't allow her to go in her costume as we needed to keep it clean and neat to use again on Halloween. So, with her Geisha hair, and makeup, pink camo jammies, and Asian shoes, we went to dinner. Madison could have cared less, but if that were me at that age, I would have thrown a fit and been embarassed to enter the public establishment. I'm glad she's to carefree sometimes. Fun times :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

She looks gorgeous! Well done, Amber.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Forever Amber said...

Thanks, Tis! It's always a good feeling when you have succeeded at what you were attempting to accomplish :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Amy Button said...

That costume is amazing! Great job!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

Amber! You are AMAZING!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Beautiful! The robe is just gorgeous...even up close...but with her in it the complete picture is really beautiful.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home