Monday, August 15, 2005

"I would be on the candy aisle, so I could eat all the candy I wanted." That was the literal reply from my five year old to the question posed in WalMart yesterday. . . "Madison, if you were fabric dye, where would you be?" Children are so literal. When asked the same question, an adult would understand it to mean that I was looking for fabric dye, but to a five year old it is understood as though they had the choice of where to be if they were that item. Quite literally, if Madison were fabric dye, she would choose to be on the candy aisle. Can you blame her? I think if I were fabric dye I wouldn't want to be on the aisle with laundry detergent, stuck on the top shelf, passed by many times before I was discovered by those looking for me. I would want to be at the check out lines. Those products get to see EVERYBODY and they get lots of attention. Let's face it . . . that's why they are placed there. They have a captive audience. If I were fabric dye, that is where I'd be. Where would you be?

9 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Right now...I'd want to be with the pillows...I'm tired and I think I could rest there.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, since my one experience with fabric dye didn’t work. I would be in the costumer service department being returned.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

LOL

1:04 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I'm in the bedding aisle getting some sleep.........

7:17 PM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Seriously- we're all a bunch of tired mommies...I was thinking of bedding or furniture or something I could lay down on, also! But chocolate would be good, too. Mmmmm.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did everyone just hear Tisra say Mmmmmm? Is it it just me?

7:56 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh...I heard it. And I can hear you giggling too.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

:-(

2:15 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

Hi Amber...just randomly hitting the "next blog" button and seeing who I find. I really like this post. Very fun. --Girl

Oh...I guess I would be in the office supply aisle.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home