Friday, August 19, 2005

What is our fascination with food on a stick?

Corndogs, kabobs, suckers, popsicles. . . admit it, you even enjoy eating the drumstick when it comes to chicken or turkey, or the mystery meat they serve at Disney World (I've been told from an insider that it's emu) and most people think they're eating turkey. If those are turkey legs, they are turkies on steroids, and it's the strangest colored turkey meat I've ever seen. Truly, next time you go to Disney, realize that what they are selling and advertising is "Drumsticks" not "Turkey Legs." There's a reason they don't call them "Turkey Legs" . . . because they're not!

Anyhow, back to my point. Today, I found a pan that allows us to continue with our fascination of this trend. Cake on a stick! I actually think it's kind of cool. Of course I do. I'm American. Therefore, any food on a stick is kind of cool. You bake your cake mix in the "Cake Lollie" pan and after your cake lollies are baked, you insert said stick and dip in melted frosting and then roll in whatever topping you like.

Now that I've peaked your curiosity, it would be cruel of me to not tell you where to purchase such an innovative product. So strictly for your benefit, here is the link. http://www.thehomemarketplace.com/product_detail.aspx?affid=1&item_no=1015342&AID=10274087&PID=1768162

I wish I could say I made money from each person who purchased one from this little blog advertisement, but sadly, I have no connection to this product, other than my personal fascination and interest in it.

I was going to end this blog by saying "Put a stick in me. I'm done." But my filter kicked in (which it rarely does!) and told me how bad that would sound and how many of my friends would misconstrue that statement. Then the entire thought process made me laugh and I couldn't omit it entirely, so you get the saying and the explanation.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Ha! That had me laughing...I'm so glad your computer has a dirty mind and knew that would sound bad. The cakes on a stick sound like a fun kids party treat. Also...it sounds like a good sewing party theme. Bring something that has to be eaten on a stick.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ironic...I nearly went out to eat tonight to get my favorite chicken sticks at a local Chinese restaurant. I opted staying home because my home is comfortable and I didn't want to leave. After reading your entry I am craving the chicken even more. Thanks. If we have a stick night for sewing I will have to find the recipe and make chicken sticks.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I thought you were going to say you had just been to the fair where everything is on a stick. Funny.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Amy Button said...

I always just assumed that the "alien legs" at Disney World were Turkey, funny.

I don't usually eat food on a stick but the cake sounds very interesting and I'm sure the girls would love it.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I wanted to try again because I just learned how to add a link. Anyway, I found a link to Key Lime Pie on a Stick. Being from Southern Florida, I know you want to know about this!

Check it out at Blond Giraffe.

They featured this on a food network show "Unwrapped."

I don't think the legs are emu, I think they are ostrich...

2:34 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

Oh the many, many things I could tell you about the backstage secrets of Disney...having worked there in entertainment for 4 years, I have seen my share of emu-legs.

However, the intent of this post is to share my friend's fascination with food on sticks. In fact, her 30th birthday party was all food on sticks...kabobs, cookies on sticks, cheese balls on pretzel sticks, etc. and not a corn dog in sight.

Fun blog, Amber.

--Girl

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home