Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm an unfit mother who makes dangerous decisions concerning my daughter.

Never in my life did I think those words would be uttered about me. Yet, less than 48 hours ago I was served with papers making that very statement. That statement goes against everything I stand for, everything I strive to provide for my daughter, and everything anyone has ever known about me. Somehow, my ex-husband was able to convince someone that there was validity to his statement, because those words will now forever reside in a public record about me.

Now, I have to go to court and try to convince a judge that the words of my ex-husband are nothing more than bitter jealousy from a scorned man who has yet to accept that he screwed up and lost his family. I have to go and defend my character. . . the character that has been respected by so many for so long. . . the character that has never (until this point) been questioned by anyone. . . the strong character that I take great pride in.

I have to go convince a judge that my daughter doesn't belong anywhere other than where she already is. I have to convince a judge that my daughter's father is not the parent best suited to care for her. I have to prove myself to a judge who does not know me or my daughter.

Please pray that the judge is discerning and that God is mighty on July 11th.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

If you need anything, let me know!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Psalm 109:4 In return for my friendship they accuse me,
but I am a man of prayer.

This verse is what came to mind yesterday when we talked but I couldn't have told you where it was. It just has always meant so much to me and it fits so perfectly to your situation. Not only have you been falsely accused but the last part of that verse is something to stand on. Being a person of prayer makes a difference. That "but" changes the outcome of anything that comes against you. Whatever was intended, cannot be accomplished because you are a person of prayer, as are your friends and I know I am not the only one who will be talking to the Father about you and Madison. Love ya!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Amy Button said...

I don't even have the words to express how much I hate it that you're going through this. We're here for you if we can do anything to help.

God is mighty and will get you through this.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

((Amber))
((Madison))

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home