Thursday, May 18, 2006

Madison did her first science project today. Most of you are probably thinking. . . First graders have science projects?? That's a comment I hear frequently about Madison's projects. Most first graders don't have science projects, but due to the nature of the mixed levels in a Montessori classroom she gets to participate in educational opportunities that would traditionally be reserved for older grades. I think it's a great thing to expose them as young as possible. Her teacher is fair in his expectations and evaluations. He does not expect out of the first graders what he expects out of his third graders (but sometimes I do).

Anyhow, Madison NAILED her project. I was so proud of her and I could see her pride beaming accross her face as she realized what a success she had. The entire class and the teacher were very excited at her results and insisted on an encore performance, which Madison gladly obliged. Check out the pics.







3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Wow! That looks pretty impressive. Good pictures too. That's something she'll remember for a long time, and her face will brighten everytime she thinks of it.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Science should be had at any age, it is just the complexity that grows as they get older! Good job Madison! Great pictures, Mommy. :-)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

Seee....I luuuuuurve me some Mr. Wizard (of course, we didn't have cable when I was a kid...so I had to watch it over at other people's houses).

GOOD JOB!!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home