Friday, February 24, 2006

Hello Kitty by Madison Hunter (six years old)

Wuns a pon a tiym ther wre to littol kites. Thay livd with ther granpo and gan muther. Thay luvd to play and thay lick to do sports and akt. Then wun day ther was a strang giy in the rod. The kiteys nevr sen hem. It wus vrye dark and spooky. Wey hrd gost and bats and awols. the-end.

I thought this was too precious to keep to myself. Those without small children may need help reading this, but I think most of you will be able to figure it out.

Phonetics . . . great tool, but not quite perfect when it comes to the English language. I hope her college essays are a little better :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

It started out so happy...and then the gost and bats and awols showed up. WHAT HAPPENS TO THE KITTIES? It took me a little bit to figure out what the awols were. I had to say it out loud a couple of times. Hello...context clues were screaming in my face but it's Saturday morning...I can't expect too much from myself.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Forever Amber said...

Mary, don't feel bad. I didn't know what awols were either. Madison had to read that part for me. As far as what happens to the kitties. . . they were featured on the next page of the homemade book her story was in. They were part of a myoosucul (that's musical for those of us past the phonics stage of life). In the myoosucul they were swinging and playing at the playground, so I guess their spooky night didn't dampen their spirits :)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home