Friday, June 15, 2007

After three gruelling weeks, Madison is back home :)

Each summer her dad gets three consecutive weeks with her. In summers past, he'd allow me to come get her and spend the day at the pool with her, or take her shopping, or whatever. This year, in light of his latest plots against me, he denied me all access to her during the past three weeks. I'd go to her gymnastics twice a week and see her there, but aside from watching her do her sport through the glass window (that separates the lobby from the gym) and the momentary affection I was allowed before or after class, I was not allowed to have any time with my daughter. Needless to say, it's been a very long three weeks.

Yesterday was a great day! We didn't do anything extraordinary as it was still just a week day. We did what we would do any other normal weekday. We went to the school field behind our house with a bat and ball so Madison could hit some balls, we rode her bicycle around the school parking lot, and we went to her favorite Chinese buffet for dinner.

We both had a hard time falling asleep because we were so excited to be reunited again. Madison couldn't stop talking and moving and expressing how much she missed me and how happy she was to be back home. At one point she broke out in song while we were laying in bed. This is how her song went . . .

I'm in my house right now
Thank you Jesus right now
Praise the Lord right now
I'm with ya my sistah right now

Then we both broke out giggling at her creativity, and silliness.

Madison and I have a bond that the enemy will never penetrate. Try as he might (through Paul or any other means) he will not succeed at his attempts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I'm so glad for both of you. I know it's been a tough three weeks and I'm glad it's over.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home