Monday, June 18, 2007

I Am Officially a Greenway Geek!

Recently Derek and I have found ourselves enjoying regular walks along the Stones River Greenway. If you do the entire trek it's about six miles roundtrip. Yesterday on the way to church we discussed doing the full six miles later in the afternoon. At about 3:30 on our way home after visiting with friends (Kris & Mary Jo) we saw a digital thermometer on a billboard and it was registering 100 degrees. YIKES!!! Six miles in 100 degree weather? Derek suggested cold water bottles to take with us. I did not like this idea as I did not want to carry the water bottle. Then he was quickly reminded of the $20 hydration packs we saw the night before at the Bass Pro Shops. That sounded like an awesome idea. We ventured out to Bass Pro Shops and purchased matching hydration packs. Neither of us is fond of doing the matching thing, but the options in the $20 hydration packs were red/grey or blue/grey. I wanted the red/grey one because I like red and I don't typically like blue. He wanted the red/grey one as those are Ohio State colors and he couldn't possibly buy the blue one because blue is Michigan's color. So, now, we have matching hydration packs. Aside from them matching, they really were great to have on the greenway. We completed all six miles yesterday and the hands free water was such a treat to have along the way. Our packs hold 1 1/2 liters of water each. They say you should have one liter of water per hour of exercise. I drank my entire 1 1/2 liters before mile 4. I have a water drinking addiction :) Then I shared Derek's water with him for the last two miles. I can see that I'm going to have to buy one of these fun toys for Madison too. She would enjoy it as much as we do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I should get one of those to wear around the house. I try to drink at least 3 quarts of water each day and it would be a lot easier if it were on my back instead of sitting on a counter or table somewhere. The boys would constantly be after it though.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Such a fun outing. And you sound very happy. :-)

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home