Monday, May 08, 2006

Quick Post . . .

New job is going GREAT. I'm really starting to dig in here and things are meshing well. . . better than well. . . GREAT! Attended our annual conference in Orlando and was very well received by EVERYONE in the industry. It's like they were waiting for me. Let's check out the new girl. I felt so special :)

Madison has less than three weeks of first grade left. She came home with her first 100% on a spelling test! We were both very excited. She has stopped biting her nails and they've grown enough that I took her for a real manicure. She felt so grown up!

I'm going home (Miami) for a visit for Mother's Day weekend and Madison is coming too. We are thrilled and can't wait to get down there. I was just there for a short weekend last week, but wasn't able to take Maddie with me on that trip. Here's a picture of me floating in the Florida Keys. Check out those shoulder muscles :)




One final note, and prayer request. My physician thinks I may have basal cell carcinoma. It's the most common type of skin cancer. My insurance would not allow him to biopsy it, so he's made me a dermatology appt. for 5/18 where I suspect they will want to cut me and send a piece of me to some lab somewhere. Pray that I don't cry like a baby for whatever procedures they decide to put me through, and pray that it's all benign! I have a friend going with me to hold my hand, as we all know what a wimp I am when it comes to needles, knives, scissors, and the like in doctors' offices.

That's it folks. Life has been good. House has been messy. Bellies have been full.

Love you all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Girl said...

(0)

Prayers!!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will definitely add you to my prayer list!

Sounds like you had a great trip, but this weekend sounds even better.

Have fun, and Happy Mother’s Day

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Okay...I need to visit the Keys and you need to visit my Amish paradise. Oh...and I need to visit your North Carolina haven as well. So many road trips, so little time. I'm going to be praying healthy skin for you and believing for good doctors and smooth sailing through this little hiccough. Or as Owen says "hics up". He is the God who heals all our diseases.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home