Thursday, June 21, 2007



This is a very old building along the Stones River greenway near the trailhead at the Hermitage YMCA. It was part of the Clover Bottom farm, but I'm not sure what its purpose was. It's a fascinating building and I wish I knew about its history. I took Madison there yesterday because I thought she'd enjoy exploring it as much as I did the first time I discovered it. Plus I thought it would be a cool place to snap a picture of her.

What you can't see from this picture is that the entire building is imploding. You can't explore too much inside as it's truly collapsing. There is a sturdy staircase to the second floor which is 80% collapsed into the first floor. We took the stairs up, but didn't leave the top step. While up there you can see an elevator of sorts. It's completely open, but was used for taking something from one level to the other in its day.

I've done a little bit of research online to see if I could find anything regarding the Clover Bottom Farm that would reveal what this building's purpose was, but didn't find anything as of yet. I may have to visit the library to see if there's any books on Nashville history that would include such information. I'd love to see a picture of the farm when it was operable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

That's so pretty.

You are very brave to take the stairs at all, I'd say. When I looked at the picture I thought, hmmm...maybe I should take the boys, but what if one of them got away from me...horror. I'm not in a position to take chase right now.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Very cool.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home