Thursday, August 25, 2005

Check this out.

For my Miami friends who tell me I now sound like a southerner, and for my Nashville friends who still say I sound like a Yankee, I present the following evidence that I am neither. I speak proper general English (which is more than I can say for a lot of people I encounter) with minor southern (dixie) and yankee influences creeping in to my speech which I attribute to my last eight years in Nashville (y'all), and all my previous years in Miami (ya know).



Your Linguistic Profile:



60% General American English

20% Dixie

20% Yankee

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern




Take the test yourself and see where you rate.

Have to give credit where credit is due. I stole this link from Brother Terry's blog http://brotherterry.blogspot.com/ who I found as a link on Girl Gone Great's blog http://girlgonegreat.blogspot.com/. I've grown fond of reading Girl's blog daily as a lot of her entries and her sarcasm reminds me of myself. Check it out. I reccomend Day in the Life (there's two of them, both great and FUNNY), Oh My God I'm Hungry, and OOOoooOOooo Cookies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Amber,

Great idea!

Mine is on my blog. I tried to paste it here but it doesn't allow tables

2:34 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

I took the quiz but it wouldn't load right on my blog. I am a Heinz 57. I have lived in too many different places and picked up too many ways of saying things. Including three different ways of saying Coca cola.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amber, just two weeks ago we were trying to talk you into blogging. Now your giving us leads to cool blogs you have found. I find that very humorous!

I have also found girls blog to be interesting, but I haven't the time to read all her entries. It's hard enough keeping up with just my friends!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home