Monday, January 14, 2008

You Might as Well Write About That in Your Blog Too!

Those were the words of my scorned ex-husband who has apparently found my Diagnosis Single Mom website. Those of you who know me and who have visited my DSM site, know that my vision for that site is not to bash my ex-husband or men in general, but to uplift, encourage, inspire, and motivate single moms. However, there are occassions when it is appropriate and necessary to refer to my ex as he's in integral part of who I am today. . . moreover, I am who I am today in spite of his role in my life.

Last Tuesday I received a note from Madison's gym about her USAG fees being due NO LATER than Friday, 1/11/08. Those fees are $47 and all extra-curricular fees are to be split 50/50 by me and my ex. Per his request, he is to pay his 1/2 directly to the gym instead of our previous arrangement where I'd pay 100% up front and attempt to collect his half from him. So, on Wednesday (the day after I got the notice) I called him to let him know of this obligation that needed to be taken care of before week's end. On Thursday all of the parents received an email from the gym about a mandatory parent meeting at the gym on Friday at 7:15. At 7:30 on Friday (after the meeting was done) I called Paul and explained to him that he must not have gotten the email as I didn't see him a the meeting (I was tyring to give him the benefit of the doubt and not just assume that he didn't make the meeting a priority in his schedule) and I also reminded him that the fees were due that night and that Heather (who works at the gym) was wondering if he would be showing up to pay his half.

He called me back about 5-10 minutes later and I could hear the frustration in his voice. Here was the conversation that followed . . .

HIM - "Yes Amber"
ME - "Did you get my message?"
HIM - "I have a life Amber. I work and stuff. I don't have time to be checking emails and voice mails. I have things to do." (Shame on me. . . I thought his daughter might be part of that life he has. . . apparently I was mistaken)
ME - "The email was not from me. It was from the gym, and that's the least of my concerns, because at least I was here. I can fill you in on the meeting details. More importantly is the USAG fees. Heather is wondering if you're going to pay them. They were due today as you know. Madison has practice tomorrow from 11-1. I asked Heather if it would be alright for you to come in tomorrow and pay them and she said that would be fine."
HIM - "Fine. That's what I will do. Heather knows my number why doesn't she just call me."
ME - "Because it's not her responsibility to get in the middle of our issues. It's our job to handle this crap. . . not hers."
HIM - "Whatever Amber. I'll take care of it tomorrow. You might as well write about that in your blog too!"
ME - "Well, if you want me to. . . ." :)

He won't see this posted on DSM, but I have blogged about it nonetheless :) I think he would be pleased.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

You always aim to please...you're so thoughtful.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it!

It made me laugh, and that is hard to do in the mornings.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Amy Button said...

Gotta love the interaction with the ex-husband.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home