Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Bottom of the 7th inning. We're down by two. This one is for the championship of the summer league. This team has challenged us and kept us on our toes all season, but we can handle this. Three runs and we're done. It's a breeze. We've got it in the bag.

We've played this team four times already. Lost two, won two. Each game was won or lost within one point. The innings of this game mimicked the same. We're up by one, we're down by one. VERY CLOSE! This could be anyone's game.

First batter . . . out! Second batter . . . out!

Is this the end? Are we going to settle for second place this season? Could it be done for us? Will our name slide down a slot?

The tension is thick. The infield is buzzing with strategy. The dugout is hot with encouragement.

Third batter . . . on base! Fourth batter . . . on base, and third batter made it to third base. Fifth batter . . . on base, and the third batter made it home! We're down by one and we have two men on base.

Sixth batter . . . brings them all home! We win by two. The dug out roars in excitement.

We did it. We won, again! We held our place. What an intense game. What a relief. Final score 23 - 21, Crowe.

Both teams had an awesome season and enjoyed the challenge we offered one another.

Next Tuesday, new season.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Very exciting. I'd like to know which batter you were though. I didn't know the next season started so quickly...I can go to a game!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Forever Amber said...

I didn't bat at all in the seventh inning. I would have been one of the "out" batters in that scenario had I had the opportunity to bat :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Girl said...

YAY!!! Can we draft you for our team? Of course, up here in the nether-regions it is too cold to play all year...so can you give me an answer by..say...oh...next May?

--Girl

7:51 AM  
Blogger Forever Amber said...

You don't want me on your team. I'm the worst player on my team. I think they only keep me around because I cook for them : ) If ever you're in Nashville, you should come out and play on our team.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Girl said...

Not that this is a pity party...but I am catcher. In our league you can't strike out or steal base. They even have a safety base for runners to run home to so that the catcher doesn't have to worry about getting plowed. Even then, they send the pitcher to cover home.

Oh well...they have to have 2 girls on the field to play...so without my skills (a.k.a. estrogen) they'd forfeit every game :)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Forever Amber said...

You and I play softball about the same. I too am the catcher. I like it that way. There's no pressure. And our pitcher runs in for any home plate plays as well. We are required to play with three girls or forfeit, so again, I too am an addition to the estrogen quota for my team. Too funny :) We have a lot in common.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Amy Button said...

I miss playing softball. It was my favorite sport in High School. Unfortunately, I haven't played since then.

Glad you won!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home