Friday, November 04, 2005

Update on Sierra

A letter came home in Madison's backpack yesterday that thrilled all who read it. Sierra remains in Pediatric Intensive Care, but she's off life support and has become responsive. She said "Hello Mommy" and "Leave me alone" to the nurse. She's in a great deal of pain from her fractured vertebrae, but the doctors say that pain is a good sign. I think that's something like when your parents tell you that spanking you hurts them more than it hurts you. I guess the fact that she can feel is the positive sign as a lack of feeling would be a greater cause for concern than the pain.

Her little brother Logan is back in school and is staying with a family from the school.

Her mom is still in the hospital and has significant healing to do.

The teacher updates the class of Sierra's progress and I can't express what a relief I could hear and see in Madison as she told me the good reports (that I also read in the letter that came home). To hear a six year old say it . . . "Mom, Sierra doesn't have tubes and machines all over her anymore. She's getting better and she even told the nurse to leave her alone. Insert child like giggle here. She's still in the hospital and she still has to take lots and lots and lots of medicines and get shots that hurt her, but she's starting to get better."

Thanks, all, for your prayers and concern for this family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Praise God.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Tisra said...

Awesome. Thanks, God.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Girl said...

I'm so glad to hear that she is doing better. I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home