Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Had my second interview.

I'm not the greatest interviewee. I'm much better at being the interviewer. In spite of that, it went well, and they like me, and they want me. Problem is, they e-mailed me and told me they'd be writing a formal offer letter, but told me in the e-mail, what to expect for compensation in that offer.

They're only offering me $1.44 more than I currently make per hour. Is this a joke? You want me to leave the comfort of my job with the firm for barely more money? You want me to give up my plush schedule that allows me to leave at 2:30 EVERYDAY for that? They can't be serious.

Yes, I'd have my own office, the job would be VERY close to home and Maddie's school, I'd have a "manager" title, and it seems there'd be great opportunities for me to build on there, but I'm giving up a lot to take the risk with them, and they're only offering up $1.44 more per hour.

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

More later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

This may very well firm up the resolve that you are very happy to be with your current company. However, it also allows the ability to negotiate with the interviewing company or your current company for more. Congratulations on impressing them, whatever the outcome!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home