Monday, November 14, 2005

It's official. I'm 30. I couldn't be happier. Everyone was right. Thirty is fine. It's the anxiety of turning 30 that will kill you, but once you cross over, it really is great. I realized over the past few days that I have a lot of wonderful friends who are so supportive of me and that means more to me than they can imagine. I've been told on several occasions (by outsiders observing me in relationships) that I am a good friend. That compliment carries more weight with me than if they complimented me on how smart I am, how good I cook, how I look, etc. To be regarded as a good friend by people who aren't even in your circle of friends means they can see the efforts you put forth to care for others. I do care for my friends a great deal and I'd do anything for them . . . every one of them. I also realized over the weekend how many circles of friends I have. I don't associate with any one class, type, or age of person. I have friends in every group, and I love every one of them just as they are.

Thank you, all, for your well wishes and encouragement as I whined about laying my twenties to rest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

So glad you made it over the threshold. Welcome to the other side. We're really happy over here. You are indeed a good friend and I'm so glad God led me to Kruse those many years ago so that I could make your aquaintance. What different people we were then, but how great it has been to have good friends as life changes us.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Tisra said...

I enjoyed celebrating with you.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on the whole birthday thing. Hopefully in 10 years we will all be able to talk about all the accomplishments that each of us have made during our 30s. I know each of our lives will be totally different again just as it was when we were all 20. I just hope that we will all feel as if our 30s were a success. Can you imagine thinking that we will all have teenagers in 10 years (or in some cases less then that)!

I have felt the same way about the different circle of friends I have as well. I love each circle as much as the other, but to combine them is a little strange.

4:30 AM  
Blogger ExBF said...

Happy belated birthday!


See, now that wasn't so bad.... ;)

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home