Tuesday, November 08, 2005

IRONY

Irony is when you call your ex-husband to get something your daughter needs for school the next day and he is grumpy and depressed because what would have been your 10-year wedding anniversary is approaching, and he says how much he hates being divorced and misses being married and all he dreams about lately is you and the times you had together. . . then you drive to his house thirty minutes later to pick up the item your daughter needs the next day and he is wearing a t-shirt his girlfriend bought for him.

In other news, I am excited to say that I have reached the point of acceptance regarding my inevitable 30th birthday. I'm actually beyond acceptance and slightly excited to be turning 30. After a year of dreading this date, I've surprised myself with that last statement, but really, it's true. I have so much to look forward to in this new decade I'm approaching and I can't wait to see what all is in store for me. So I don't have the figure I want, the man I want, the life I want, but I have a lot and those things are not unattainable, so I approach a new decade with more wisdom and power than I did the last. Bring it on!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tisra said...

I never knew Paul all that well, and now I really don't get him. But that doesn't matter, does it? I'm just thankful that your heart seems uplifted. You *do* have a lot to look forward to and 30 is just the beginning of it all.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You're awesome. Paul should just be thankful he had any years with you at all.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Forever Amber said...

Awwww! That's so sweet. I'd tell him that, but I'm not sure it would help him at all.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Amy Button said...

Divorce sucks, that's pretty much all there is to it. But life does go on and you have much to look forward to.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Girl said...

So I don't have the figure I want, the man I want, the life I want, but I have a lot and those things are not unattainable, so I approach a new decade with more wisdom and power than I did the last. Bring it on!

THANK GOD!! I figured that out a few days before my 30th birthday...but I still complained about it for the sympathy factor :)

I am very proud of you, Amber! That is the PERFECT outlook and the best part is it is TRUE! No blowing smoke up anyone's ass! (Pardon the phrase)

I remember thinking in my 20's how I would love to do it all over again with the knowledge I had gained while in my 20's...and then 30 came and I was like..."whoa...this is what I was thinking of!...who knew?"

Anyway, congrats on the new attitude and best of luck on your birthday...whenever that is :)

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home