Thursday, January 12, 2006

20/70

I took Madison for an eye exam yesterday after her pediatrician's recommendation based on results to tests performed at her office. Turns out my poor child has moderate to high hyperopia (far-sightedness). Her vision is 20/70!!!! I never knew. So she picked out some new stylish specs and once they made them and placed them on her face for the first time, her instant response was "Wow, I can see!" Boy did I feel like the scum of the earth mother. I never realized she couldn't see! Her new found sight was so exciting throughout the evening as she realized all the things around her that she never could see before. On the drive home she was reading business names and signs that she's never done before. Apparently she never read them before because she couldn't see them, and now that she could see them, they captured her attention fully. "Look mom, that says Coffee (as we pass Starbucks)." Her air hockey score improved tremendously now that she could actually see the puck.

Check out her new look. She picked them out herself and I think she did a mighty fine job.



6 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Maybe this explains some of the clumsiness I've heard her accused of too. What a cutey in her glasses.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Girl said...

Oooo...those ARE fun!! My first pair, when I was 5, were Pink Panther glasses.

Have the kids at school seen them yet?

How are you this week?? Getting excited about Monday??

YAY AMBER!!

--girl

6:45 AM  
Blogger Forever Amber said...

Today's her first day at school with them, so I'll get the full report this afternoon I'm sure.

I am doing good. I've had lunch plans everyday this week which has been fun! Yes, I am sooo excited about starting Monday!

Mary, I thought the exact same thing. Maybe she's not clumsy at all. Perhaps she's just been blind all this time :) We'll see.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! She looks so cute in them. She is really growing up.

You will need to fill us in on Monday about the new job.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Amy Button said...

You're not a bad mom, I went through the same thing with Amanda. Of course I felt like a terrible mom too.

She's so cute and those are very stylish specs.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

She looks adorable. I don't think you are a bad mom. I just think that kids get used to the way things look and have nothing to compare it to and so don't tell you that something is wrong. Hey, at least she's not 10 or something!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home